Sunday, March 18, 2007

Surprises...

So I decided to do this job... Yup. Seemed like the thing for me to do. So I'm toodling along doing my thing, thinking, "Yup, this is the thing to do!" Then, WHAMMY!! Things change! I think, "Hmmmm. Can I really do this? Hey! Wait a minute! This isn't what I thought I was gonna have to do!! No...I'm really not sure this is what I signed up for..."
My 'job' is to help people. Now I know some of them really need my help. And yes, that's what I signed up for. But wowsers, I feel really inadequate to help here. Like, the need is SO great. I don't think I have what it takes for this. I'm too old. I'm not strong enough. I don't know how. How come they're in this condition anyway? It's not fair! This is just plain overwhelming!
What was that?....
"Be still and know that I am God"....."My strength is made perfect in weakness".......
"He who began a good work in you will complete it..."

Okay. I think I can do this. If You help....