I held a tiny little girl today....two weeks old. So sweet and so amazing! An itsy-bitsy sprout of humanity. Of life. Yet, so incredibly bursting with potential for greatness! When I had my own babies, I guess I thought about their potential, but the focus was definitely on the moment. These tiny precious little persons who needed me so much. Love, food and shelter....
Well, now my babies are young adults! It truly has been a short long journey. 'Where HAS the time gone?' Had I seen the path we were headed down I'm sure I might have tried to take some detours. Perhaps we'd all be stronger. Or weaker. I don't know. But I do know that I am amazed at God's goodness in producing in those three little lives, three strong, wonderful individuals who love and care for people around them. I am thankful for God's gift of an amazing husband and father to my 'babies'. I am also grateful for the family of God who has contributed to their growing process--watering, weeding, cultivating and feeding.
So from the first time I held a baby of my own in my arms til now has actually been almost 27 years! Unbelieveable! Who knew it would be such a fast 27 years? 25 for the next? and 21 for the next? 27, 25, and 21 years...you might think "that's a long time!!" It is ya know. But......."Time flies when you're having fun!!!"
Thank you God for a wonderful family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
" 'who is that?' - U2" hahaha, I enjoyed that. and I enjoyed reading your latest blog.
Post a Comment