Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Get the Point!!!!

I had the most amazing experience today!~~Well, okay so it wasn't that amazing. I was doing some gardening and I had to get a tool from the garage. (This is really random....) There, what to my wondering eyes should appear!--(I've heard that somewhere before....)--but my old pencil sharpener! Now, this old friend has been sort of in hibernation since we moved. Many times already I have so wished for my old friend. Can it really be that I have survived for a year and a half without a nicely sharpened pencil in the house?? Anyway, there it was, nicely attached to the 2X4 framing the garage door! And FIRMLY attached so as not to wobble when grinding away on some stubble of an old, once useless pencil. So what if I have to walk all the way down the driveway to the garage to use it!
"Dull pencils of the house! Rebirth is imminent!!"
I guess if you always have a pencil sharpener at your beck and call, you don't really realize what a lovely thing a newly sharpened pencil is. Try going without sharpening your pencil for a couple of weeks even, and see for yourself!
Thank you dear husband for resurrecting my trusty old Boston pencil sharpener!
(I was gonna make up some dumb pun...but, you get the point.... :o) Right? You're really sharp!!)

6 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh, this is too funny!
You just keep catching me off guard and makin' me jump! I get the point too, but I'm sure mine is different from yers!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

This is well-written and very humorous! So does that sharpener actually now live in your garage, permanently?? My oh my!

Yesterday when I left my first comment all that had been posted was the title of this entry -- my comment seems a little out of place now! :0)

Anonymous said...

a "once useless pencil" ?? hahaha.

... Too bad you can't write on your blog with a pencil.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Where DOES this little phrase come from anyway: "what to my wondering eyes should appear". I laughed when I read it -- my Mama uses it all the time!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha! It takes awhile to locate something in the back compartments of my brain but a light bulb just went on ... 'Twas the Night Before Christmas! That's what my Mom has been quoting all these years!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.