Well, here it is Wednesday....I'm supposed to be leaving on Sunday.....No passport yet.....Hmmm. Wonder what this is all about..... A test? Must be a test. I feel like I personally know the lady who made the recorded message that begins each sesh of waiting for the next available operator. And of course my call will be answered in the order in which it was received.... They're smart too. They don't put you on hold with 'elevator' music--the 'phone' just keeps ringing so you have hope that at some point someone will answer. And they do, after about 25 to 30 minutes. I think I read on the State Department website that they'd processed over 80,000 passports in the last few months. I wonder why they're so slow anyway!! Ha. Oh well, I keep waiting and asking God if He wants me to keep bugging Him or just be still and wait. "Knock and the door will be opened".... Am I knocking on the right door?
What's the reason??? Must be a reason!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh no! Hmmm! This count-down thing is nerve-wracking! So help me, when verses come to mind, I am compelled to share them ... I haven't got references and the paraphrase is the CAV (Carol-Ann Version) ...
Somewhere in Scripture someone said: "I, being in the way, the Lord led me"
And another place it says that "David strengthened himself in the Lord"
Praying that you will have the courage to continue "being in the way" right up to the last moment".
Well-meaners often try to "strengthen" us as they see fit but more often than not I've found it's the times when I've strengthened myself in the Lord that things are accomplished within me!
I shall be back for an update -- if nothing appears I will assume you are on your way and Blogger world will catch up with you on your return!
"We appreciate your patience. All agents are still busy. Please remain on the line for the next available agent. Thank you." See! I've got it memorized. But Thank you Carol-Ann for your encouraging words.... I am expecting some results tomorrow....
Hope you have a speaker phone or you're gonna need physio on that arm and neck!
The State Department proudly announced that in the months of March and April, they have processed 3 million passports!!! So my application is a mere grain of sand in the sandbox....
To get it on time will CERTAINLY be a GOD thing!
Well Gammi B, do you have mail-delivery service on Saturday? Are you expecting this by regular mail or by special delivery?
Post a Comment