Blogging is hard work for some of us.... So why blog? I just don't know. Hmmm. I don't really have much to say, but I admit it is fun to see what people say about the little that I do manage to 'say'. Sometimes, it really amounts to letting my mind wander on paper. I do fear that if I let my mind wander too much, one day it may not come back!! Ha ha. Sometimes though, I have these epiphanies or life lessons while I'm working, or whatever, and blogging is my way of recording those thoughts. I've often thought it would be fun to write a book of little lessons I thought about while cleaning house--"Cleaning Ladies Get ALL the Dirt!" How's that for a title? Sounds more like a gossip column. Funny, at the moment I can't think of any of those things I often think I should write about. Brain freeze.... or is it fade.....? A testimony to the value of journaling. But that takes consistency. That is something that an ADD gramma just doesn't have. Consistency. The only thing that I've ever been consistent at is being--ta-dum-- INCONSISTENT!!! Phew! At least I have that! Ha. I think I'll start journaling tomorrow!
Here's a little humorous look at who I am....My kids saw a book of mine on the bookshelf entitled "You Mean I'm NOT Lazy, Stupid, or Crazy?" "What's this?" one asked. "Oh" I replied, "It's a book about adults with ADD. But I've never really finished it...." This was followed by howls of laughter from all, me included.
Maybe I'll get into that next week--try to finish it....
So how's this for letting my mind wander??
Webster: wander...to ramble with no definite destination; to go astray; to lose concentration.
What was I saying?......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Morning, "Gammi B" (thy true name is still a mystery! I can't see a Mama naming her baby child "Gammi B"! Although, I can see a tiny child addressing her Grandma as such!)
You have been too silly for words in this post! Made my entire day!
One fascination I have with your blog is that I was a cleaning lady off and on for 10 or 12 years. I had the very same experience of seeing life-lessons in my work. It was amazing. But mine came out in songs. If you are interested, on my blog there is a link (by the Family Links) to "Songs from My Diary". I have just started this collection but the next one I do will be my "Filthy Rags" song and I shall post it especially for you. This may take a couple of weeks, though!
The blog is a great place to share these kinds of stories and to keep them for your kids to read later on!
Well, I gotta go! I was up at 5:00 to take our puppy out and was greeted at the door by a clap of thunder. Puppy scuttled out to pee but is doing a dance under the kitchen table and whining pitifully because she also wants to poo!
By the way, the words "pee" and "poo" were as objectionable to my upbringing as dancing! what has happened! Where did Mother go wrong!
Have a great day.
Well Gammi B..."other wandering minds wanna know"...so keep on blogging - sharing your thoughts...
'nother post! 'nother post!
Post a Comment