Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings.....

Well of course! What else for the New Year? There are many things I'd like to start anew...My previously unsuccessful attempt to finsih reading the Bible through in one calendar year, my previously unsuccessful attempt to attain a slim and svelte self, my previously unsuccessful attempt to get my house in an organized state, my previously unsuccessful attempt to organize all those multitudes of photos lurking in the closet.... And so it goes!

Well of course I would love to fi-i-i-i-nally not only attempt, but actually ATTAIN even just ONE of these grand and glorious goals!!

Perhaps this is my problem.... At this point in my life I really don't expect that that will happen. And, perhaps, therein lies the problem. Or have I just gotten not only older, but wiser in realizing my own likelihood. Hmmm. Do I just give up? I'm not sure.

Well, of course not!! God hasn't and will not give up on me!

Lamentations 3:23 says:
"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness!
'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul,
'Therefore I have hope in Him.'
And then in Isaiah 43:18-19 God said way back then:
"Do not call to mind the former things,
Or ponder things of the past.
Behold, I will do something new..." !!

Sounds good to me!!

Here we go! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: